Advertising

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Marvellous Mayan Jewellery

One (of the many) things I love about Merida is the abundance of things to do/see here. Although I've been here 4 separate times, every trip provides new places, things and people to visit. One of the newest additions to "La Ciudad Blanca" is the Mayan museum. Last time I was here it was being constructed, and this time I actually got to visit the finished product.

Formally known as Gran Museo del Mundo Maya, the museum is conveniently located next to one of Merida's main malls, Gran Plaza, and obviously I knew very well where that was. Last Thursday we hit up the museum with a diverse gang that included, 1 Canadian (myself), 3 Americans, and 5 Mexicans (4 from Yucatan and 1 from Zacatecas).

To keep all of this fashionable, I thought I would share some pics I snapped at the museum of ancient Mayan jewellery.

P.S: Note the ear plugs for stretching, I guess the Mayans were hipsters!























No comments:

Post a Comment